We are making a great deal of
improvements to the Honey Island Shooting Range and have grand plans
for many more.
- The rifle backstop has been built up from 9
feet tall, to 25 feet tall (image
68 K JPEG)
- The pistol backstop has been built up and
84 K JPEG)
- The bridge over Indian Bayou has been
temporarily improved until a new bridge can be built.
- The number of shooting points on the rifle
range has been increased from 10 to 15.
- The depth of the overhead and the concrete
slab on the rifle range has been increased from 8 feet to 20 feet
providing more room for shooters.
- To take advantage of the extension to the
backstop, the number of shooting points on the pistol range has
been more than doubled.
- We do our best to ensure that reactionary
targets are available for shooters. These include steel gongs at
the rifle range and falling plates, dueling trees, rimfire
spinners, and pop up targets at the pistol range.
© 1998-2005 Southeast Louisiana
Firearms Safety, Inc.